Monday, July 19, 2010

The Great White Monsters!



I put 'The Great White Monsters' on the schedule for today. The kids made a lot of guesses as to what this could possibly be, especially when I told them to wear their bathing suits for the event.

Ingredients for Great White White Monsters? Two cans of whipped cream and sprinkles.

I started the fun with a dollop of whipped cream on their heads....then the kiddos took turns decorating each other.

This year I've added ATTITUDE AWARDS! Camp SP guidelines (they get a copy at the beginning of camp) reads: "Attitude Awards will be given daily for enthusiasm, kindness and for laughing so hard that your sides hurt. If you tattle on your brother or sister you have to put an attitude award back in the box." The Attitude Awards are in a big basket, which in turn is in a pillow case - so the kids can put a hand in the basket without seeing the contents. They have until I count to five to grab something. The dollar store and Michaels are good sources for inexpensive prizes but I also added cards that read, 'you get to choose tonight's movie' or 'Camp Staff will make your bed for you this morning'. Some of the items are small crafts projects that they're having fun completing. There are no food prizes though as I don't believe in rewarding with food. The first day, they were allowed to dip into the attitude award box three times....just enough to be fun.

Thanks to my neighbors, Mike and Milena, for giving me lots of little prizes for the attitude box!


1 comment:

  1. Ahoy! Maties! Looks like great fun! Sweetie-pie is one fine grandmother! Have a fun week.
    AAAARGH!
    Beeka

    ReplyDelete