Sunday, July 11, 2010

Camp Sweetie-Pie ©

When my now ten-year old granddaughter was learning to talk, she named me "Sweetie-Pie", probably because that's what I called her. The name stuck and I've been Sweetie-Pie ever since. What an honor!

Camp Sweetie-Pie started three years ago when my two grandchildren were five and seven. They live nearby so I see them often, but Camp SP is an opportunity for the kids and I to spend fun time together doing planned activities, much as they would at a real camp. I'm 60 - so they've got ten times my energy - but I'm the third kid at camp.

My friends who are also grandparents have asked me about Camp Sweetie-Pie and a few are planning their own camps - so this blog is a way to share ideas with other grandparents who would like to spend quality time with their grandchildren.

Recently I heard my granddaughter's friend ask, 'what is Camp Sweetie-Pie?'. Ten year old granddaughter replied, 'IT'S AWESOME'!

Now I have a third grandchild - but at 18 months, she's too young to participate. The older two have pledged to keep coming to Camp SP - even when they're "all grown up" so that their little sister can experience it too.

I'm going to hold them to their pledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment