Sunday, July 11, 2010

Camp is Unplugged!


Once the kids arrive at camp, we stay here for the duration. Camp is at my house but I live in a vacation area where people come to camp, so the setting is perfect. My house is surrounded by national forest, there's a creek close to the house and plenty of wildlife in the area including deer, mountain lion and bear (which is why the kids sleep inside at night). Camp is where we learn about nature and spend the days playing outside...so there are no trips to the store or activities elsewhere. Camp SP is also 'unplugged'. No video games, no television and no computer (except after the kids are asleep when I sneak a look at my email), but this year, I've added after-dinner-movie-and-popcorn to the schedule so that I can rest up a bit for the next day. I need the down-time...I'm not getting any younger.....

No comments:

Post a Comment